Thursday 14 March 2013

DIY Roller Stand



Recycled Roller Stand
When my home-exercise treadmill finally died, I took it apart so that it would be easier to move and so that I could dispose of it with my household garbage. When I got to the wide roller for the main belt, though, I couldn’t bear to toss it, even though I didn’t have any particular use in mind. Then one day I needed an out feed roller for my table saw.

As shown in the drawing at right, I built a sawhorse as a support stand. Something smaller would have worked, but I can always use an extra sawhorse. The roller is mounted on a 1x upright that rides in a pair of slots cut in the sawhorse’s top and shelf. A homemade clamp built with T-nuts and a carriage bolt holds the roller at whatever height I need.


Kevin Ireton, New Milford, CT 




1 comment:

  1. Hi!

    I am new to your site. But really take pleasure in it. Your post is quite informative, I just to add Circular Technologies is an established US manufacturer of Timing Pulley, Timing Belt pulley, Roller assembly, bearings and Urethane Rollers. For more info just click the link.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete